Our Plan For Today to Help Our Tomorrow
Jurlique harnesses the power of nature to create incredibly effective products. In return, we’re committed to sustainable practices and nourishing the earth. By 2015, we plan to further reduce energy and water consumption by 20% and decrease the amount of waste to landfill by 20%.As we head into the future, we are:
- Striving for more than 95% of natural ingredients in our products.
- Signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant to show our commitment to continually decreasing the environmental impact of all of our packaging, including:
- Maximising the recycled and sustainably sourced content of our cardboard
- Improving recyclability of the entire packaging range, currently at more than 95%
- See more details about our packaging goals by downloading the Jurlique APC Action Plan.
- Remaining focused on the maintenance of our re-vegetation project on our National Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Australia (NASAA) Certified Organic and Biodynamic farm, in order to gather carbon, protect and cultivate our powerful herbs and nurture our wildlife.
- You can read more about Jurlique’s commitment to the environment and our environmentally-friendly business practices by downloading our Environmental Sustainability Policy.
Current Sustainability Initiatives
- Materials: Use of natural ingredients in our products, striving for content above 95% natural.
- Packaging: Signatory to Australian Packaging Covenant. The cardboard currently used for Jurlique’s individual retail products is composed either of 100% sustainably sourced fiber or at least 80% recycled material with the remainder of the fiber sustainably sourced. All other Jurlique packaging has maximised recyclable content (>95%).
- Production & supply chain: External shipping packaging 100% recyclable.
- Business practices: Multiple energy, water and waste reduction initiatives live across the company.
- National Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Australia (NASAA) Certified Organic and Biodynamic 153-acre Farm:
- Source of the biodynamic herbs included in our skin-care formulations.
- Re-vegetation project has planted 7,500 trees on the farm, in order to improve the environment, protect our herbs and native wildlife, and sequester carbon.
- Retail: Store packaging materials >95% recyclable, with recyclable packaging collection points in all Australian based company owned retail stores. Use of sustainable design elements in stores with the use of recycled messemate timber, low Volatile Organic Components (VOC) paints, and low voltage energy efficient lighting.
- Video conferencing introduced in all major office locations to dramatically reduce air travel requirements.